Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone! Now I realize that this post is a day late, but I thought I would write about how this past year has been. 2014 was a busy year for me, but there were so many wonderful moments that occurred as well. All in all, it was a pretty good year.

Initially, I wanted to make a video discussing the year 2014 as a whole, but I decided that I'd rather write it instead. I'm glad that I did because I'm much better at just writing out what I have to say rather than improvising it (p.s. I'm terrible at improvising).

Hm, so where do I start? Well, for one thing, I reached 4,000, 5,000, 6,000, and eventually 7,000 subscribers on my first YouTube channel, so I'm very thankful and grateful for that. I find it hard to believe that over 7,000 people actually enjoy my videos and watch them, and that inspires me to keep doing what I do. When I first joined YouTube in August of 2010, I wanted to become one of those popular YouTubers who had lots and lots of fans, but when things didn't go so well, I stopped seeking that. Yes, I still think it would be nice to gain even more supporters, but that's not what I'm placing all of my focus on anymore. Once I began to just have fun on my channel and focus less on the former, however, that's when I started to become more popular. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Another great thing that occurred in 2014 is that I reached over 4,000,000 views on my video "A Day in Berry Bitty City episode 4''. I am absolutely amazed by this: never had I thought that I would ever have a video to reach that many views, let alone 1,000,000 views, but almost 5,000,000 is simply amazing.


In addition to that, I reached a total of over 8,000,000 views on my YouTube account as a whole!

But what really surprised me is that the official Strawberry Shortcake YouTube channel, Strawberryagp, actually subscribed to my channel! I had just checked my email one day when I saw that I received a message stating that she had subscribed to me. At first I thought it was someone posing as her, but it turned out to actually be her, and I was ecstatic. If you go to her channel and click the "Channels" tab, you'll see my channel listed in her subscriptions.



After all of this, I was extremely pleased with all that I had accomplished. However, there was one thing that stuck to the back of my mind: I wanted to become a YouTube partner. I couldn't have become one on my first account because I had used so much copyrighted music, so the only way to go was to create a new account; and frankly, that upset me. It took me four years to get as far as I had gotten with my first channel, so why would I want to give that up and start completely fresh? This nagged me for the longest time, but after I finally finished "A Berry Bitty Christmas", I decided that I would take the risk.

Boy, starting a new channel was a slap in the face. I didn't think it would be quite so difficult trying to convince my fans to subscribe to my new account. Plus, my views had gone down significantly as well. While I was used to getting thousands of views on my videos in a matter of a few days, I now hardly surpass 2,000 views per video on my new account, and that became a bit discouraging to me.

Despite this minor setback, I'm not going to give up. I am slowly beginning to gain my subscribers back on my new account, and if it takes another four years to regain what I had reached, then I guess that's just how it'll be. On the bright side, though, my new channel is progressing a lot faster than my first channel had. Back in 2010, it took me four months just to reach seventeen subscribers, but in 2014, I already reached over two hundred of them in the same amount of time.

So what have I done aside from what I've stated about YouTube? you may ask. Well, I wouldn't say that a whole lot has gone on with my personal life, but during the summer I did a dance intensive for the first time. I wound up injuring myself, and while I no longer dance, I did still thoroughly have fun.

Another thing is that I actually got my wisdom teeth out. I was hoping that I'd have a good four to five years before I would have to have the procedure done, but to my dismay it was imperative that they came out as soon as possible.

I was worried that things wouldn't go too well: after hearing about all of the side effects, I was terrified, and I didn't want to become loopy either. However, I just prayed that everything would be all right, and God answered my prayer: after my surgery, I was well enough to do my normal activities and go about the house on my own, which is considered unusual for some people.

Finally, during the summer I decided to take up writing again; it had been a while since I had written anything, but I wanted to practice for a class that I had to take. I just find it exhilarating to place myself in someone else's shoes and create my own little world that's apart from the real one. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend that you do.

So with 2014 gone and 2015 coming in a flash, I can only wonder what this new year will bring. I know for one thing that I'm going to be pretty busy, considering that I'll be a freshman and all.

But one thing that I would love to do is to be invited to the 35th annual Strawberry Shortcake convention. It's always been a dream of mine to go to one, and if I actually get to go this year, that will probably be one of the highlights of my life. So Strawberry, if you're willing to invite me, just say the word!


 

No comments: