Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Berry Bitty Adventures Cast in The Sims 3

Since I stated that I would buy The Sims 3 in one of my recent posts, I thought I'd post an update as to what I've been doing in the game so far. First of all, the process of me creating the Berry Bitty Adventures cast in Create a Sim was overall a great success. They turned out a whoooole lot better than I was expecting.       

I am very pleased with the way Raspberry Torte turned out this go round. If you read my other post entitled "Strawberry Shortcake in The Sims 4," you'll notice that the Raspberry Sim wound up looking like the worst one in the bunch. I was unsure if she would look any better in The Sims 3, but again, I'm surprised with the results. I downloaded her hairstyle off the official Sims 3 website, but I could only buy it with Simpoints, which you have to purchase with physical money (I had earned some from buying the game, but it was a limited supply). The site provides an alternative to earning Simpoints besides the former, and that involves watching ads on their website so they can reward you with five points every time you finish watching an approx. thirty-second advertisement. At the time I'd thought this was a good idea so I could save my points to later buy more clothing, hairstyles, and hopefully new cities, but then my antivirus software notified me that it blocked a virus, which - you guessed it - came from watching those ads. I don't know what I'll do about the situation at this point; I'm unsure if I should just limit the amount of ads that I watch so I can still earn more points or if I just shouldn't take the risk. A computer virus is not something you should mess with, so I guess I'm at a dead end here.

As for Strawberry Shortcake, I think she looks pretty good, too - well, overall. I was able to give her her trademark hat, unlike I could in The Sims 4, and what I especially like about The Sims 3 is that it enables you to customize the clothing to look the way you want. That's what I did with Strawberry's hat so that it actually resembles her one on the show. I'm not too fond of how it sort of hides her face and casts a bit of shadow, but I changed her hairstyle with a few of her other outfits just for the sake of getting rid of these minor issues. If you look closely, you'll notice that I also gave her pink highlights, a significant feature that can often be found in the dolls, unlike I could give her in the other game.

By the time I got around to Lemon Meringue, I was running short on hairstyles to give her. The game includes quite a few hairstyles, no doubt, but none of them resembled Lemon's hairdo at all. I basically had no other choice but to choose this one, which I guess can pass for a Lemon-esque 'do.

I ran into the same issue with Orange Blossom: no hairstyle options. The other girls had taken up the other good styles, so I became a little dismayed when I couldn't find one to suit Orange. I then settled for this side braid with the flowers, because it fits pretty well with her character, doesn't it?
                                         
Hm. With Blueberry, I don't quite know how I feel about this version of her. I mean, she overall does look like the character, but I can't part with the version of her that I created in the fourth installment. I can let the minor differences slide, but I'm wishing that I could make her look more like the other model. Now that I think about it, I think I need to lower her eyes a little bit; they seem kind of too high for her face.



And last but not least, we have Plum Pudding. This isn't the outfit I wanted to snap a picture of her in, but I never got around to putting her back in the other one. I should, though - it's much cuter. Anyway, since I've started playing the game, I've given her an athletic trait, and I am instantly regretting that decision now. She won't stop exercising, so she's become very muscular and chunky-looking, and that's not how I wanted her to look. On top of that, she tends to get dirty a lot faster than the other girls. I kinda want to go back and get rid of that trait, but I don't know how. What I do know is that it's possible, as I've seen other Simmers do it all the time.

Apart from creating the cast from Berry Bitty Adventures, I've had a load of fun playing this game so far, but it does come with a few frustrations, I must admit. For example, the girls clog the toilet all the time and break things, I've already had two house fires, and the current house they're living in is so small that they keep blocking each other's paths. To solve this dilemma, I've built a new house for them to live in, which I made to look more like Blueberry's bookstore. However, I can't afford to move them into it yet, and I'm trying to refrain from using cheats.

Also, I like all of the fun activities that they can do. I'm not going to list all of them because that would make this already pretty lengthy post quite unbearably long, so I'll name a couple of them. With the Seasons expansion pack you can make your Sims attend festivals at Central Park, and that, too, comes with a set of fun activities for the characters. Lemon looks very happy that she has her face painted, and Strawberry sure looks like she's really enjoying that snow cone while sitting in the rain.




Meanwhile, Cherry Jam lives by herself in Bridgeport where she leads a lonely life. I initially decided to place her in the city instead of with her friends because I wanted her to experience the celebrity life since she is a pop star and all, but I find myself getting a little bored with her character because there isn't much for her to do. I might just place her in Sunset Valley with her friends, but I wanted to see what the other towns in the game are like as well.
 

In addition to these characters, I've also created Apple Dumplin and Sweet and Sour Grapes from season four, though I haven't gotten around to actually playing as them yet. I don't know if I should place them in Sunset Valley, a.k.a "Berry Bitty City," or if I should give Cherry some friends and put them in Bridgeport ("Berry Big City"). Whichever choice I make, I'm more than likely going to post pictures of them, probably on my Twitter instead of on here. I don't know if this is my last post about the Sims or if I should be expecting to write some more about them in the future - it just depends, I guess. However, this is my last Sims-themed blog post for now.


No comments: