Friday, September 25, 2015

Berry Bitty Adventures Season 5? (My Ideas and Thoughts)


The season four finale of Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bitty Adventures ended on a slightly different note than usual, but all in all it didn't wrap up the season the way I'd hoped it would. The final episode detailed the struggles of Cherry's celebrity life, and this is the first time that we've seen her career bother her the way it has. Cherry, who is supposedly writing an anthem for the queen of Berryvania, becomes too frustrated to think straight to compose the piece, though she manages to find the concentration to help Strawberry and the others write a song for their pets' dance routine. The song instantaneously becomes a hit around Berry Bitty City, and the rest is history. We later find Cherry becoming so angry with the others for listening to her "Dance Puppy Dance" song so much that she goes to dastard measures to ensure that she never hears it again.

But now that season four is over, what are we to expect next from the series? Will we have to wait another two years before we even hear about the announcement of a possible season five, or could this have been the last season of the animated series that spanned five years?

In the previous seasons of Berry Bitty Adventures, the same pattern always followed: Strawberry and her friends met a new character somewhere in the berry patch, and eventually the new person found a home with them in Berry Bitty City. This is pretty much the common basis for the series, and by now, it's quite to be expected. So with a season five possibly in the works, what if the producers decide to switch things up a bit? What if they introduce a new element into the series, one that the fans would never expect?

Well, for this matter, we do have one piece of news to contribute to the potential fifth season. Several weeks ago, I discovered that Shannon Chan-Kent, Janyse Jaud, and Aidan Drummond will no longer continue their roles as Cherry Jam, Orange Blossom, and Huckleberry Pie. Instead, they will be voiced by Courtney Christine Rosemont, an accomplished voice actress who's also a very talented dancer. With this bit of news, this pretty much guarantees the return of the well-known children's show. However, will we have to wait another century before it releases?

Knowing the pattern of the series by heart, I should probably expect the same old same old to recur for yet another cycle. Despite this, I still can't shake my desire to see the show take a different route, and though some of my fellow SSC fans disagree, thankfully I'm not entirely alone in holding this opinion. Quite frankly, I'm not the only one who wants to see the show step it up: some of us SSC fans want the producers to introduce a more dynamic standpoint, as in we want it to travel beyond the young child standards. We want to see the characters travel and explore the world, because let's be honest, it grows old over time when they only spend their days in Berry Bitty City and merely only discuss other locations and lands. What about Berry Big City, as I always mention? Since season 4 launched, now I'm curious to learn more about Berryvania, too, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just composed of bugs and berrykins like pretty much every other location in the Berry Bitty world. Though I find this true, it still wouldn't hurt to at least see what it's like.

Likewise, which character(s) will be (re)introduced next? I've noticed a lot of fans wish for Angel Cake and Ginger Snap to come back, but if I were asked who I would like to return to the series, I personally could not provide a sufficient answer. The only character I'd be interested in seeing make a comeback would be the Peculiar Purple Pie Man like I mentioned in one of my previous posts; given his mischievous personality, I can only imagine him stirring up trouble in town and possibly after the task of working Strawberry's nerve.

Also, I would like to do away with the episodes involving the girls playing some kind of game or sport (hence, "Dandyball"). To me, these episodes aren't very interesting, especially when it just involves cartoon characters playing outside with a ball. Rather than have those two to three episodes in each season about them playing, I want to see something more dynamic with a broader plot.

Honestly, I want Berry Bitty Adventures to show us something we've never seen before. What about back stories for the characters? This same concept was applied for My Little Pony, it being a rated TV-Y children's show as well, and yet it worked out perfectly fine. With this being said and Strawberry's show containing the same rating, could it possibly outline the characters' back stories as well? A prime example would be in the unaired pilot episode when Strawberry opened her café. Where did she live prior to moving to Berry Bitty City? How come her friends already had their established businesses but Strawberry was just now opening her own? Not only will this be sufficient to the show's premise, it'll also serve as good character development.

Alright, I guess that's enough of my rambling for now. If you watch Berry Bitty Adventures, what would you like to see in the fifth season? Also, if you want to hear a bit more about the new fifth season, please be sure to check out my video about it on YouTube:


Don't forget to subscribe!

2 comments:

Kathy Baggs said...

Is season 5 out yet?

Rayan Hassan said...

when will season 5 come out?