Monday, December 21, 2015

Long Time, No See

It's been a while since I've updated this blog, about three months to be exact. To summarize what I've been doing during my absence from the blogosphere, I was busy finishing up my first semester of school, trying to fit in time to work on videos, and using whatever time I had leftover to relax and pretty much do nothing.

Currently, it's only four days until Christmas (I can't believe it's gotten here so quickly once again), and typically this would be the time that I'm not feeling too great, but that's beside the point. I've been spending my free time binge-watching Christmas movies, listening to Christmas music non-stop, and watching so many YouTube videos that I've made myself bored with the internet. Then, too, I'm trying to finish up some DVDs for my dad as a Christmas present, and I'm down to the last one which I should have burned to disc by tomorrow.

After a lot of contemplating, I came to the conclusion to officially delete my Instagram account; there was nothing going for me on there, and every time I turned around I was losing followers instead of gaining them, so I thought it was time to let it go. Once I hit the delete button, the feeling of my action being executed didn't feel as dramatic or alarming as I imagined. Rather, I had the sense of breathing in fresh air, and now that this has been done, I don't have to constantly check my unfollowings list to see which user unfollowed me this time.

That aside, I haven't posted about my progress in the Sims 3 in a while, so I guess I'll give a brief summary of that as well. For starters, I added Apple Dumplin' and Sweet and Sour Grapes into Strawberry and the others' world, but because the game allows for only eight Sims in a household, the new girls can't live with Strawberry and her friends, and therefore I have no control over them.



This grows very annoying when I want to work on building friendships between them and the newest members of the Berry Bunch are nowhere to be found. When creating their household, I couldn't use any cheats to increase their income, so they were stuck with a run-down-looking cabin (as pictured in Sweet and Apple's photo), so I cleverly thought to merge households with one of the other Sims in the community and then to evict the original owners. Thanks to that method, Sweet, Sour, and Apple now live in a luxurious estate. ;)

Plus (and believe me, you will thank me for this), I finally fixed Huck's face. His first appearance struck me as very odd and fairly ugly, so I tweaked a few bells and whistles like his eyes, face shape, and nose to create the newly invented Huckleberry Pie. I don't think I have a picture of what he originally looked like in Create a Sim, but here's a little pic of his facial improvement:

 
Oh, and don't get me started on Lemon Meringue's Mummy Curse. I sent the girls and Huck on cave excavations after installing the World Adventures expansion pack, and I didn't even realize until several Sim days later that Lemon had received the unwanted mark as a result of being beaten up by a mummy. Following this instance I avoided playing my game for several months out of frustration (after all that I achieved with Lemon, I didn't want her to just die. Let's just say I've accidently killed Raspberry before, but fortunately I quickly came up with an idea to resolve the issue). When I [finally] came back to it, my game lagged so much and I had so much trouble following the tutorial to save her, but in the end I managed it, and now Lemon continues to lead a normal life with her friends.


I don't think there's much else to say about my progress in the game, even though my stories from it are more than likely old news to everyone else who's played the Sims 3. Other than that, I also added Custard to the tale.


Hm? And what's going on between Blueberry and Huckleberry? If you've caught the various hints in Berry Bitty Adventures season 3, you'll probably know where I'm coming from with this.


 

No comments: